Our Policy and Commitment
Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk is committed to being the nation's leading full-service independent insurance program administrator for the educational community by providing high-quality, customized and affordable health and sports insurance products and related services to those schools and the students and families they serve. This includes a commitment to accessibility, diversity and inclusion.
We are working to ensure our websites and online services are accessible for all clients, including people with disabilities. We have made a commitment to follow the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.0 levels A and AA) standards. We are also firmly dedicated to complying with U.S. federal laws and regulations, including:
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) 2010,
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (or “Section 508”, 36 CFR 1194,
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and
- Affordable Care Act as well as
- Specific state accessibility laws or standards such as the California Consumer Privacy Act and Section D of the California Government Code 11135.
Digital Accessibility Statement
As we work toward meeting the WCAG 2.0 Level A and Level AA standards, we continue to develop our digital accessibility compliance program, which includes coordination with our accessibility partners, as well as designing, developing and testing our websites and online services for conformance to the standards.
Gallagher Student Health Accessibility Features
Following are examples of some of the issues that we are addressing on our websites and online services:
- Structural Markup: We are working to ensure semantic elements and techniques are used – such as headings, lists, paragraphs and WAI-ARIA markup – to help make sure that users of assistive technology can understand the content and navigate our site more easily.
- Text Equivalents: People who either can't see images or hear audio may need some form of a text equivalent to interact with our sites. We are working to make sure that images and media on our websites are accessible through alternative text equivalents.
- Keyboard Access: We are making efforts to help make sure that keyboard-only users can navigate and use Gallagher Student Health websites and online services.
- Consistency: We are working to apply accessibility best practices consistently across all Gallagher Student Health websites and online services.
If you would like further information about the Gallagher Student Health’s accessibility efforts, or have other accessibility questions or feedback, please contact: email@example.com.
Last Updated: 2020-10-27